Monday, September 9, 2019

Articulating values

Knowing your personal values is a start for understanding your reputation and prioritizing choices.
There are many exercises for finding your core beliefs and values. Below are suggested questions that could be used in a mentoring discussion to uncover key drivers in your own code of conduct.

1.     My chosen focus for my career is important to me today because…

2.    Being an X in the workplace brings these challenges…

3.    Being an X in the workplace offers these opportunities…

4.     Today, I am motivated first and foremost by (pick one)
a.     Money
b.     Recognition
c.     Rewards

5.    My #1 skill is … and I am proud of that because it reflects…

6.     The soft skill I most want to improve... because…

7.    To meet future challenges, the workplace needs to evolve as…

8.     To me, work and life integration means…

9.    Leadership qualities I admire most are…because…

10.  If I won $10,00,000 tomorrow, I would be a ….because then…

11.  My proudest moment to date is… and reflects this core belief….

12.  A difficult moment this year is… and reflected the injury to my core belief of…

13.  The three most important qualities a friend or peer can offer are…

14.  I hope my friends and peers would describe me as…

15.  I will never compromise on…

16. In others, I most admire…

No comments: