- Saying "Yes, and..." instead of "no" or "yes, but..."
- Finishing a meeting 5 minutes before the allotted close time as a regular practice
- Smiling as you answer the phone
- Pushing away from the computer for 5 minutes every hour
- Leaving "thank you" off the email sign off and instead as a genuine note after an action is completed
- Writing or doodling with a coloured pen/pencil to keep your brain firing during a meeting
- At end of day, remembering something you did correctly
Doing just one of these changes our mindset and, sometimes, that of those around us.
Mentoring ourselves is as important as anything else!