Wednesday, November 19, 2008

I am not inventing the wheel

I wish I was. I do fool myself some days, thinking I’m terribly smart and holding all the answers. Ha.

Then I have a lunch with women who, with great enthusiasm, show me something they’ve written or discovered. (see the new link to Avil Beckford’s site in the right-side menu and read about her book) They have no idea they’re putting me firmly back in my place.

New ideas are only new to the person who has recently discovered them. The rest of the folks nod sagely and think “ah, you’ve caught up to the rest of us.”

However, it doesn’t mean that we don’t need to keep reminding each other of these ideas - especially when they have value and keep rippling onward.

I’m not inventing the wheel here. I’m trying to retool some steering and make the seats more comfortable.

No comments: