Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Perfection not required

Your career is not a boat… A boat with even a small leak is going to sink. You, on the other hand, don't need to be perfect to succeed. Seth Godin

If you don’t know Seth Godin - he is a marvelous writer of all things PR and marketing (see his blog link on the right). He is funny and insightful and - though I’m not a marketeer - I’ve gained some new perspectives from him along the way.

This particular quote from his blog posting of Oct.21 made my day. Especially since I’ve just sat through a presentation where I was told to make sure I was “rowing my boat” and not drifting with the current.

We need the reminder. We don’t need to be perfect to offer good mentoring. We don’t need to know how to network perfectly. We just need to do our best and we’ll all be ahead together.

No comments: