Monday, January 4, 2016

It's the new year and I’m trying to make a resolution around change. Do you have any recommendations as to how I could better myself?

signed
Newly-and-keenly-evolving-daily

Dear Naked,
You’re already perfect, Naked; it’s the world that’s rough around the edges. Here’s my resolutions for 2016; I hope they help!

1 – Be kind to those who still believe change is the exception and that one day everything will revert to “normal”.

2 – In the ongoing saga of resources vs  time vs money, I will simply remind people there are no extras of any of these things and cheer everyone up by singing something from “Annie”.

3 – When the glass looks half empty, I will pour what we have into a smaller glass. 

4 – I will not give into the urge to panic that work is well into the first quarter already.

5 – I will cut my food into smaller pieces and chew more slowly. This can also be called "chunking projects".

6 – I will strive for genius as per the words of Churchill: "True genius resides in the capacity for the evaluation of uncertain, hazardous, and conflicting information."

Happy New Year!

No comments: