Monday, February 10, 2020

A simple framework: Making communications more effective

People are listening for one thing, “How does this affect me?” 

Make sure all your communications - slides, voice messages, texts, emails, etc. – follow Know Feel Do.  
·     What’s the one thing my audience needs to know? (One point. One sentence)
·     How do I hope they feel about it (Do my tone, words, attitude reflect this?)
·     What do I want them to immediately do with the information (Remember: FYI is NOT a call-to-action)
I
f you’re missing the “know” or “do,” your communication may not be relevant to the receiver(s) and ignored. 
If you’re missing the “do,” ask yourself: Does this really need to be sent?

Google the framework; there are lots of great overviews like this one: http://www.alexandrafranzen.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/feel-know-do_free-workbook_franzen.pdf


😮💖💣

No comments: