Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Poor First Impressions

Can you recover from a poor first impression? Oh my yes. If you couldn’t, there be a lot less babies in the world! (gents, take heart!)

Of course, it’s more work to recover and, depending on your level of self-worth, you might always feel like you must re-prove your worth.

Consider too - sometimes it’s not that you made a bad first impression but maybe the person you met was having a bad day. It’s hard to take note of new people when we’re distracted or worried. I can’t tell you how many people I ‘re-meet’ who either don’t remember me or I don’t remember them! It happens. Have a sense of humour and realize that everyone is the star of their own show and therefore you can’t always count on folks recognizing your cameo appearance in theirs.

No comments: