Thursday, October 13, 2011

If I learned one thing today...

...it is to always allow myself to be surprised.

Much of a parent/worker's life is keeping things in order, keeping track of minutes and tasks and trying to get through a list that is often too long for the day/week/year!

Head down, one foot in front of the other, we can plow through a day. Anything that takes us off course is bad as it will detract from what-must-be-done.

To be surprised means I have lifted my head and taken in my surroundings. Sometimes nothing is different. Sometimes there are people or ideas that stop me in my tracks. Maybe for a second or maybe for the day - but if I allow the surprise to happen, I can only be richer in my thinking and relationships.

Thank you to the lovely ladies who surprised me today with their generosity and insights.

No comments: