Friday, February 20, 2009

Measuring Success - not

I've spent a chunk of today trying to put 'what I do' in a document by which I will be measured by my boss at the end of the year. I am trying to plug my world into a template.

ick

At some point, we stop measuring ourselves by the output and by tasks. We begin to foucs on relationships, mission/vision and long-term planning. We do this in our household budgets; we do this with our close friends; we do this in our careers.

Evaluting our success or failures doesn't seem to have progressed with us. How do you measure successful relationships? How do you say "look at this bridge I built between these people"? Yes, there is corporate speak developed around all this. But really, am I allowed to write that success was in the fact that people will take my calls? (grin)

No comments: