Monday, March 22, 2010

Boxes

We have so many boxes and boundaries around ourselves. How many of us take the time to sort through them and re-evaluate?

Some boxes were put in a place a long time ago. They served a good purpose. "Don't put your finger in a light socket." "Don't drink tea straight from the tea pot." All good restrictions to apply to myself.

Some have become part of my personal mythology ...and may no longer be true. "I look better in long hair." "I could never work for a large corporation." "I'm not good in a crowd."

Like purging your closet of outfits that no longer work - and your fridge of food no longer fit to eat - we should sort through the "I will" and "I won't/don't" stories that are part of our decision-making process.

Stretch your boundaries a little each week - you change; so should your boxes.

You can't give advice to folks if you're not practicing what you preach!

No comments: