Sunday, November 22, 2009

Quote of the week

A wonderful Similar Circles participant - who is also a fine jazz singer - killed a bottle of wine with me some weeks ago. She told me a tale which ended with the line "May you live the life you have earned."

Like the proverb "May you live in interesting times", her line could be read many ways. (I have a few old flames for whom that line might not been seen as positive :-)

Like karma, like paying a good deed forward, like simply trying to offer a hand as often as ask - it's easy to see how participating in our communities can only help everyone blossom. Contributing joy, brings you joy. Maybe not in equal measures but still the circle is created. Listening gets you heard. Being open brings you new ideas. etc. etc. etc.

I'm proud to quote those I deem insightful and influential in my life. I'm even prouder when I know them well enough to share food and drink.

May you live the life you have earned.
Julie Michels

No comments: